Floyd County Productions, the Emmy-winning animation studio behind Archer, is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Assistant Technical Director in Atlanta, Georgia.
Greater Atlanta Area
Apr 01, 2022
The role of Assistant Technical Director at Floyd County Productions is to make sure a production runs smoothly by identifying and fixing problems as they arise. They make sure each department has the tools and direction that they need to complete their part of the project to the best standard possible. They have a very good understanding of how production pipelines work and the roles within them.
- Experience supporting servers and workstations in a production environment
- Time management and organizational skills
- Active listening and communication skills
- Familiarity with television / film production a plus.
- Problem-solving skills
- Coordination and teamwork skills
- Possesses general knowledge of production pipelines
- Author custom animation tools in various softwares utilized within the studio (with approval from CIO or Technical Director)
- Use development tools and techniques to improve any and all systems within the organization
- Analyze the needs of the user
- Design, test and develop the software to meet those needs
- Develop separate elements of a software that work well in the program as a whole
- Create various diagrams, flowcharts and models that illustrate the type of code needed for programmers
- Ensure continued functionality of a program during maintenance and testing of software
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance
- Identifies and documents standards for a stable, secure, compliant, and optimum operation to ensure the availability of the servers, server-based applications, systems and services
- Configures, deploys, and supports all necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet infrastructure needs, including all aspects of the environment from servers to storage to networking equipment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure related issues including network, server and messaging.
- Revisit the development process to fix bugs or address client or end user concerns
- Manages the help desk queue and resolves user issues
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
We are currently 95% remote. A very small staff goes in on occasion.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Python: 3 years (Preferred)
- React: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location