BuzzFeed is looking for a dedicated Assistant Video Editor to join our New York and Los Angeles Post Production teams. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ingesting media and prepping videos for edit within Adobe Premiere.
Greater New York City Area, Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 31, 2023
BuzzFeed is looking for a dedicated Assistant Video Editor to join our New York and Los Angeles Post Production teams. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ingesting media and prepping videos for edit within Adobe Premiere. Candidates may be asked to troubleshoot common Post issues and address technical notes within edits. They will also oversee QC and exporting on occasion. On location work may be expected.
- Work on-site from the BuzzFeed Campus
- Attend active productions, when assigned, and serve as on-set Media Manager
- Ingest, Transcode, Organize, and Archive footage
- Keep detailed logs on footage, ingests, and preps
- Prep, Sync multi-cam footage, create string outs, assembly cuts, and apply markers.
- Conform assets for delivery to vendors for sound and color, as well as client deliverables
- Collaborate with Editors for larger projects, providing support with dailies, selects, and workflow knowledge to streamline the post process, etc.
- Address simple technical notes within projects and in-video graphics when requested
- Edit low touch short-form content
- Assist Post-Production Coordinators in managing of assets and production materials
- Support communication between Production and Post-Production teams
- Give feedback on and help improve workflows
- Work with Production Technologies to resolve technical issues
- 3+ years experience assistant editing digital content in a professional environment
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Comfortable working with common video codecs, formats and timecode formats
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, technical, and open to new ideas
- Ability to complete tasks autonomously
- Ability to adapt and meet changing timelines and deliverables while maintaining multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledge of social media and digital video platforms a plus
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Audition for color and sound finishing a plus
- Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound design a plus
- Experience with proxy-based workflows, remote workflows, SANs and MAMs a plus
- Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX a plus