The Associate Apparel Designer position is a learning role to develop product categories and brands. ou will learn and develop products following trends and merchandising plans for brands and a specific classification of apparel.
Greater Philadelphia Area
Jan 22, 2024
The Associate Apparel Designer position is a learning role to develop product categories and brands. You will learn and develop products following trends and merchandising plans for brands and a specific classification of apparel. You will support the brands and a specific classification of apparel to meet the business strategy, trend and customer needs. The Associate Apparel Designer position requires you to have design skills; the ability to design into the brand vision with direction, developing saleable product for a category. Lead the PLM process of all styles from creation through production, including style creation and management and meeting preparation.
- You will maintain awareness of seasonal trends through market shopping, trend research and stay current with competition, and awareness of assigned brands.
- You will create presentation boards, digital presentations.
- You will develop seasonal color palettes, by maintaining awareness of market color direction and internal brand color selling history.
- You will research market through trade shows and trend services identifying specific fabrics for the season, work with sourcing team to source each fabric to meet the pricing needs of each brand.
- You will select each style’s fabric, trims, materials and colors that fit into the assortment and style plans.
- You will create flat mechanical sketches for design development packages (to communicate to technical design, sourcing and overseas.)
- You will get opportunities to present line and presentation materials for line reviews and buyer meetings for specific classifications of apparel in meetings.
What You Bring
- Minimum Education: Bachelors in Fashion Design
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 3-5 years fashion industry experience in apparel design and product development