Troy, New York: As an Associate UX/UI Designer at WB Games NY, you will be helping us to design the future of how our consumers interface with our products and services.
Albany, New York Area
Nov 15, 2023
As an Associate UX/UI Designer at WB Games NY, you will be helping us to design the future of how our consumers interface with our products and services. You will work closely with our engineering and operations teams to understand, and illustrate, the web interfaces to our systems. This position will require research, creativity, technical understanding, and an acute ability to put yourself in the shoes of our end users.
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
Your Role Accountabilities
- We want you to have a deep understanding of the tools and services that are offered through WB Games New York. While we don’t expect you to write code, we are looking for a level of curiosity from a technical standpoint. We want you to explore and ask plenty of questions.
- You will work directly with our engineers to design user interfaces and dashboards around the complex services that they are delivering.
- We are expecting you to create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation of the frontends that you will be designing.
- From time-to-time, you will work directly with our game teams to help them design custom interfaces around their implementation of our online services.
- You are going to want to be comfortable pitching and presenting new ideas to stakeholders.
- We will be leaning on you to research and understanding the current state of UX/UI design.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience designing complex user interfaces
- Excellent verbal and communication skills are a must. You will spend a good amount of your time understanding and gathering requirements from many teams across all of WB Games.
- A portfolio of your successes in UI/UX
- Since you are the source of many requirements, not all tasks given to you will have a clearly mapped strategy. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in an environment like this, who would be eager to help tease and define some of these requirements.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
The Nice to Haves
- While not required, programming experience provides you with more opportunities to take on more complex tasks. This would be a plus for any new candidate.
Pay Range: $48,994.00 - $90,990.00 salary per year.