You will be responsible for driving central initiatives and managing product-rooted programs crafted to improve the Spotify experience for artists and their teams as they release music and build fandoms.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater New York City Area, Greater Los Angeles Area
May 04, 2023
The Music Product Strategy team represents the “bridge” between the Music Partnerships and Product teams. You will be responsible for driving central initiatives and managing product-rooted programs crafted to improve the Spotify experience for artists and their teams as they release music and build fandoms. Your primary counterparts will be leaders in Product and Partnerships, but you will also deal with Marketing, Legal, Data Science, Design etc. Your work will be highly strategic and have a direct impact on the business.
What You'll Do
- Lead and mentor a team of project manager and strategists who are helping envision and evolve how artists release music, express themselves, and interact with their fans on Spotify
- Represent the music industry point of view in senior product forums, serving as a member of the Music Expression product group’s leadership team
- Manage pilot programs for products built for artists, collecting feedback and ensuring they meet the needs of our industry partners
- Work with key internal and external partners to develop outstanding content that shows the power of Spotify’s portfolio of music expression and video tools (incl Canvas, Clips, Countdown Pages)
- Drive communication, alignment, and advocacy within our global partnerships team for new artist-facing product features
- Identify new opportunities that can help Spotify better meet the needs of artists and their teams, turn them into proposals, and generate buy-in on them with key product leaders
- Un-bottleneck projects for your team through influence, insights, and persuasion
- When required, roll up the sleeves and find creative ways to get the job done
Who You Are
- 10+ years of related experience in a product/project/program management capacity, where you’ve straddled the worlds of music and technology
- A deep understanding of the music industry, the key players, and the role of video in today’s music landscape
- A consistent track record leading impactful teams
- You can clearly and confidently influence and partner with senior product collaborators
- Have inspired change and impact in a constantly evolving environment, and are comfortable working with partners across different disciplines and time-zones
- Experience leading several large cross-functional projects and programs
- An ability to build relationships with and instill trust in other people
- Highly analytical, experienced in sourcing and interpreting data, and confident making decisions based on it
- An excellent storyteller - you share information in an inspiring, coherent, and compelling way
- Experience working directly with artists and their teams is preferred
- You are based in New York or Los Angeles.
The United States base range for this position is $143,333 - 204,761 plus equity.