iHeartMedia is looking for an Associate Editor with experience conceiving, writing and editing local news content for the web, from breaking stories to local features.
Greater Nashville Area
Mar 31, 2022
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of internet culture, the ability to identify stories before they go viral and the skill to quickly edit copy to be clear and snappy. He or she has a voracious appetite for news, trending topics, and current events, and prides him or herself on being a skilled researcher who can learn about unfamiliar topics at the drop of a hat. He or she is also an organized and detail-oriented editor who can manage deadlines and turn around content very quickly.
- Identify, write and edit a high volume of content daily at a fast pace, ensuring that copy is accurate, grammatically correct and entertaining.
- Generate creative and compelling ideas for stories, features and other shareable content across multiple music formats.
- Produce coverage around important local news stories and events.
- Collaborate with social team on a daily basis
- A proven track record in creating highly shareable, viral content, with particular success on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels and collaborate with a team on a daily basis
- A collaborative and positive attitude in both writing and life are a must
- A love of new music, including pop, dance, hip-hop, country and rock preferred
- Working knowledge of SEO and tag management best practices a plus.
- Understanding of content marketing principles, fundamentals, strategies and key trends
- Self-starter, ability to work alone – but also across long-term, complex editorial projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Writing clean, engaging online content (blog posts, headlines, social media content)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines
- Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Image editing in Photoshop
- Experience in CMS publishing
- Basic HTML
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Journalism or English
- 1-3 years relevant experience in web producing and content creation
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills and editorial judgment
- Journalism, blogging or writing experience in a quick-paced environment
- Professional experience copy-editing, or editing according to a style manual, such as the AP Stylebook
- Expert facility across social media platforms
Nashville, TN; 1200 Broadway, 6th Floor, 37203