10 Tampa Bay, the CBS affiliate in Tampa (the 11th largest market), is leading local media into the future and seeking a dynamic and driven associate producer with a desire to excel!
We are looking for an energetic and passionate storyteller, communicator and technician with superior organizational and communication skills to assist in the planning, research, production, and writing of our Morning Shows! The ideal candidate for the position is positive and LOVES mornings!. We want an Associate Producer with passion and a desire to be extraordinary. You will learn the craft of producing, so ideally that is YOUR dream and aspiration! Associate Producer is a full-time, non-exempt position.
• Associate Producer assumes a supporting role during the preparation and operation of the WTSP television studios and production control room during recorded and live productions.
• Creates high-quality video content for broadcast and online platforms, including social media.
• Plans, researches, produces, and writes scripts for television production projects, website, app, FB, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and whatever else develops!
• Ability to coordinate and liaison with other people!
• Assists in providing guidance on crew assignments, camera shots and the most efficient method to accomplish tasks.
• Occasionally field produce and coordinate from live events/shots.
• Provides customer service to all partners and clients involved in productions, ensuring consistent, accurate and timely communications.
• Fills-in line producing (don’t worry if you don’t know how, we will teach you!)
• Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
• Minimum requirements: an associate’s degree in television, electronic media communications, one to three years’ experience.
• Must have strong attention to detail, be a proactive team player, and work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with script-writing and technical directing skills for both live and pre-recorded productions is a plus!
• Ability to work independently and be self-directed, while also able to work collaboratively within a diverse team environment.
• Maintain familiarity with broadcast technical specifications and the range of equipment implemented during productions.
• Demonstrates strong interest in career growth and upward mobility.
• Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet stated deadlines.
• Attention, follow-through, dependability and good judgment are critical for success in this role.
The candidate must be proficient in the following or an equivalent product:
• Microsoft Windows
• Mac OSX
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Excel
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.