60 Minutes is seeking a freelance Associate Producer with excellent research and reporting skills to work in support of a producer / correspondent team on the broadcast.
The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgment, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail. They should be creative, collaborative, enterprising, and have a track record of reporting in-depth, complex stories, including investigations. The position is based in New York.
· Working with the producer to pitch and develop stories
· Participating in all aspects of editorial research and pre-production, including reporting stories, assembling research materials, finding interview subjects, conducting pre-interviews and assisting in writing interview questions
· Setting up shoots and interviews, including coordinating travel, logistics and schedules
· Researching, reviewing, and helping clear all archival and third-party material
· Assisting in the scripting process, as directed and when needed
· Fact-checking throughout the process; preparing a footnoted and checked final script before broadcast
Qualifications and Requirements include:
· Extensive journalism experience, including primary source reporting
· Ability to multi-task and work under deadline
· Willingness to travel, sometimes on weekends and/or extended periods of time
· Familiarity with public and private records databases, such as LexisNexis and Pacer
Hiring Salary Range: $$87,800.0 - 108,000.0