TMZ is looking for an experienced Associate Producer/Booker. The Associate Producer/Booker will be responsible for developing and pitching stories on a daily basis, booking celebrity guests and handling pre- to post-production.
TMZ is looking for an experienced Associate Producer/Booker. The ideal Associate Producer/Booker candidate will be a hands-on, self-starter with news, talk show, and/or sports experience, who can effectively manage multiple priorities within a busy, newsroom environment. The Associate Producer/Booker will be responsible for developing and pitching stories on a daily basis, booking celebrity guests and handling pre- to post-production.
- Research, pitch and produce daily show segments
- Pitch & book celebrity / newsworthy guests daily
- Responsible for gathering and coordinating elements for segments
- Conduct pre-interviews and greet in-studio guests
- Collaborate with other Producers / Bookers
- Adhere to a tight production schedule
- Support post-production workflow
- Ideal candidate must have at least 1-3 years of experience producing and booking in a news (preferred), talk show, and/or sports show environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Requires solid knowledge of celebrity pop culture, social media, and current entertainment industry trends
- Proficiency in news production tools and an understanding of news production techniques
- Ability to leverage strong industry relationships to secure high-profile talent and guests
- Must have strong phone and interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with celebrities and their representatives (publicists, agents, etc.)
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Premiere and Photoshop skills are a plus
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $20.00-22.00 per hour for California.