The Associate Producer for CNN’s Documentary Unit works closely with unit producers to execute documentary projects --- from inception to completion.
Greater Atlanta Area
Aug 01, 2022
- Duties include heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production.
- The AP is responsible for locating, procuring, and managing internal and external video and assets.
- The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly.
- The AP works closely with editors during post production, left-siding scripts, providing media, anticipating and responding to requests, organizing footage and tracking sources of material for licensing.
- This role is responsible for providing guidance to the Production Assistants, interns, and residents.
- The AP occasionally works in the field to produce interviews and to supervise b-roll shoots.
*This role requires long hours, including nights/weekends/holidays, and will be required to assist in production of breaking news specials.