This Associate Producer will be a key member of a new CNN team focused on creating a daily, talent-driven show for social platforms. They will be responsible for producing and editing video content that resonates with the digital audience.
Greater New York City Area, Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 20, 2023
The ideal candidate is a video-first storyteller who loves to pitch stories in a fast-paced news environment. They are a journalist who values accuracy and fairness; a team player willing to jump in and help out at a moment’s notice. Strong editing skills are essential. Sound editorial judgment and creativity are a must; shooting and motion graphic skills a plus.
This position is a year-long project role.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Identifying b-roll, music, and visual gfx to augment storylines
- Sourcing & clearing images, video or other elements needed for production
- Editing and exporting high-quality cuts of content on deadline
- Brainstorming and regularly generating story ideas
- Monitoring breaking news, live events and search/social trends
- Assisting in writing, researching and fact-checking scripts
- Supporting filming on set or tapings remotely
- Brainstorming and regularly generating ways to experiment with new video formats
Qualifications & Experience...
- 1-3 years of working in a national or major digital media market or equivalent experience
- Passion for international news and current events
- Fluency on social media platforms and/or with storytelling for a younger demographic
- Experience pitching daily stories, reporting and fact-checking
- Proficiency in post-production software Adobe Premiere
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently within a small team
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require
Pay Range: $55,226.00 - $102,563.00 salary per year.