The Associate Producer supports the production of America’s Test Kitchen’s successful slate of award-winning TV shows and podcasts.
The Associate Producer supports the production of America’s Test Kitchen’s successful slate of award-winning TV shows and podcasts. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, a natural problem solver, a strong communicator, and a skilled people person. This role is ideal for someone who wants to grow into a creative and well-rounded producer.
The TV & Podcast team is small but mighty. Our mission is to create television shows and audio content that engages existing fans and introduces new audiences to America’s Test Kitchen. We aim to empower home cooks through content that is smart, educational, and entertaining. We’re hyper-collaborative, supportive, and detail-oriented. We come from a range of backgrounds and experiences, and value new perspectives.
- Perform Associate Producer-level production duties on America’s Test Kitchen, Cook’s Country, television specials, and other designated projects.
- Coordinate shoot logistics, including parking arrangements, catering and craft services, etc.
- Prepare production documents as designated by Supervising Producer (ie. call sheets, shoot schedules, script binders, etc).
- Coordinate and book travel for field shoots.
- Coordinate editorial asset collection for post production and review cuts of the shows.
- Produce satellite and b-roll shoots.
- Manage internal document organization systems.
- Support talent styling and wardrobe upkeep.
- Participate in development of new television segments and specials, as designated by Executive Producer.
- Brainstorm segment concepts and develop script writing skills.
- Manage a team of 2-3 freelance Production Assistants during television shoots.
- Support production of America’s Test Kitchen’s podcast, Proof. Participate in editorial meetings and group edits, source new stories, provide feedback on script drafts, QC and post episodes, and other tasks as directed by the Managing Producer of Podcasts.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1-3 years production experience, preferably in TV, radio, podcasts, video, or audio production (internship and college radio/TV experience considered)
- Extremely, unusually detail-oriented.
- Must be a team player with commitment to professional collaboration.
- Organizational skills, organization skills, organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills: when there’s a roadblock, you think creatively to find a way to get the job done.
CHERRY ON TOP:
- Passion for food, cooking, and the mission of America’s Test Kitchen