The Associate Programming Manager is responsible for the program planning, scheduling, and overall success of their assigned channels on the platform.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 03, 2023
The Associate Manager is on the front line of revolutionizing the future of TV and is critical to achieving the Pluto TV mission of entertaining the planet. The world is watching your channels.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop successful programming strategies using ingenuity and all available tools, including research and insights.
- Create master, monthly, weekly, and daily schedules using data and overall competitive landscape analysis.
- Experimental approach with the goal of using data to inform programming and platform strategy while supporting the success of the assigned channels. Contribute standard methodologies and programming concepts to the broader team.
- Work as a cohesive programming team. This includes standards and practices around the quality of programming, data interpretation, as well as interaction with departments internal and external to Pluto TV.
- Optimize the effective use of high quality/priority content across channels.
- Engage with the larger Pluto TV organization, partnering with the Promotion and Marketing teams, Content Ops, LiveOps, and Content Acquisition/Partner Relations teams to actively seek out and acquire content for assigned channels.
- Generate and collaborate with internal teams on all programming briefs for all stunts, channel launches, and priority series launches for marketing and promotional use.
- Review content catalogs from major entertainment brands, digital creators, and independent creators.
- Join partner meetings when requested to pitch programming ideas.
- Maintain the content database of TV, film and digital catalogs.
- Learn new software and practices to increase efficiency and quality.
- Submit bugs and product feedback for the Pluto CMS.
- Manage 1-2 Channel Coordinators.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in media and entertainment
- Ability to perform in-depth research and data analysis using metrics software
- Experience working in scheduling and content management systems
- Experience working with content and attention to detail
- Ability to create presentations using such applications as PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to managemany projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000.00 - 70,000.00.