Associate Theme Lighting Designers are responsible for researching and identifying readily available items or fixtures, as well as designing original and unique custom pieces to meet specific project requirements.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 03, 2023
Associate Designers working with a project leads, provide drafting support, production/procurement support, shipping coordination as well as direct field installation at a project construction site. No travel is expected with this role.
- Provide support to various Theme Lighting design projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Prepare Theme Lighting fixture selection information and documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of illustration, photographs, scaled images, research and documentation on assigned projects.
- Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation including plotting elevations, showing fixtures in scale, reading a plotting reflected ceiling plans, elevations and area development plans.
- Support the Theme Lighting project leads with scope tracking and their cost estimating process.
- Be a part of the Specialty Design Production team supporting fixture procurement, vendor oversight and shipping coordination.
- Direct field installation if assigned at project construction sight and reporting regularly with your team leader on status and issues.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to give and take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships and work in a team environment
- Experience in specialty item or fixture design and/or fabrication
- Ability to draft/draw by hand
- Knowledge and a strong interest in the Live Entertainment and or/Theater, Themed Entertainment, and Immersive Experiences
- Skilled with 3D Software, AutoCAD, Inventor, Adobe Creative Suite, Internal software systems for purchasing and logistics tracking.
- Knowledge and direct use of computer systems and software used by WDI for drafting, design, project tracking systems and business communications.
- Read and understand architectural drawings and interfaces
- Understand basic principles of Lighting to interface with Show Lighting counterparts
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Organizational skills to track the project scope, delivery and installation per schedule
- Minimum of one year experience in a design practice, or a professional internship, specialty item or fixture design and/or fabrication
- Experience in design of a specialty item, fixture design and/or fabrication
- Familiarity with product or industrial design and construction techniques
- Familiarity with related areas, including architecture, interior design facility lighting etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in theatrical, industrial, or interior design
The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA, USA is $63,386.00 to $85,030.00 per year.