The Dodo is seeking a creative and social-media savvy visual storyteller with experience creating content on Instagram and Tiktok to join our video team. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to excel at sourcing and crafting an emotionally compelling narrative that hooks viewers immediately and keeps them watching.
The Dodo is seeking a creative and social-media savvy visual storyteller with experience creating content on Instagram and Tiktok to join our video team. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to excel at sourcing and crafting an emotionally compelling narrative that hooks viewers immediately and keeps them watching. You’ll produce social videos from start to finish — from sourcing content online from creators and other accounts, conducting interviews with talent and requesting extra footage, to scripting and structuring memorable, funny and emotional stories.
WHO WE ARE
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S., and the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, and fall in love with animals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create an allotted number of midform and shortform videos, from start to finish: sourcing, producing and editing
- Consistently pitch and bank strong projects with viral potential and meet monthly or quarterly deliverables
- Produce videos from scratch with guidance from managers — conducting a pre-pro call with the talent, constructing a narrative, establishing a shot list that delivers on that vision, conducting interviews, and editing the produced footage into a cohesive story
- Create and maintain strong relationships with talents — this includes regularly following their platforms for updates and establishing a regular pipeline of communication for future pitches
- Brainstorm new ideas for both midform and shortform content
WHO YOU ARE
- Consistently exceeds team benchmarks
- Consistently produces story beats needed to create a complete arc and deliver on the social copy
- Takes full accountability for deliverables and performance, whether as an individual or as a leader of a group
- Embraces new challenges and smartly experiments with new formats while remaining true to the brand and best practices
- Understands business needs and individual role in meeting company goals
- Proactively takes on projects and initiatives that contribute to the success of the team
- 3+ years experience producing and editing, preferably at a major media company
- Has an active presence on social media, creating content on a regular basis for their profile — particularly on TikTok — and is comfortable being on camera
- Has a proactive, can-do attitude and collaborates with others across the team
- Calm under pressure and proactively pivots when needed
- Proficient in Premiere and can efficiently use our template and follow guidelines so videos are consistently free of technical mistakes
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote.
This is a bargaining unit position covered by the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with the Writers Guild of America, East.
Pay Range: $65,000—$68,000 USD