Memphis Grizzlies: The Audio Engineer 1 position is responsible for all A1 duties on our live and recorded productions
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Memphis Area
May 23, 2023
The Audio Engineer 1 position is responsible for all A1 duties on our live and recorded productions
In This Role You Will
- Oversee setup and strike of all audio equipment needed for Arena Production, Broadcast & Video Productions;
- Ensure all patches and sub-feeds, such as radio re-broadcasts, fx feeds, & full mix feeds are routed to primary areas;
- Mix all feeds and coordinate music under the direction of producer;
- Set up additional feeds for television & radio broadcast, in arena, team & game officials as needed;
- Other related duties as required.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering, Audio Mixing, Radio TV/Film production or Broadcast/TV Production, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of required audio levels and types of sound sources.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, live environment.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to plan and organize information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and the Internet.
- Must be available to work during games on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Nice to Have:
- Minimum 3-5 years in set up live TV broadcast, sports broadcast or live in arena sporting events and production.
- Knowledge and passion for NBA basketball.