The Audio Visual Technician is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the global audio visual collaboration infrastructure and end user experience.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Dec 28, 2022
Ensuring quality and timely support of A/V systems throughout NBCU. The position reports to the Manager of AV & Media Experience and will serve as the escalation contact (L2) across all NBCUniversal event spaces, conference rooms, digital signage, and UC/C technology and will transfer to (L3) resources after all troubleshooting procedures have been exhausted.
The Audio Visual Technician will work closely with internal Virtual Network Operations Center (L1) technology teams to understand processes and procedures while executing tasks in person. A principal understanding of network and telephony technology is crucial to support end user environment. The primary responsibility is to support all facets of A/V end user experience and to quickly respond to requests for technical assistance via multiple inputs/channels including in person, phone, chat and email via remote access platforms to meet established SLA's. The Audio Visual Technician will be expected to follow standard A/V operating procedures; accurately resolve and document Tasks, Incidents and Requests using ticket tracking software. This Technician must have the insight to troubleshoot, resolve recognize, identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention and redirect problems to appropriate technical resources.
This Technician role will serve as a subject matter expert regarding the overall NBCUniversal UC/C experience, event support, digital signage maintenance, stakeholder engagement, end user training, and the design build process. This team member will serve as a source of escalation for technical issues that surpass the parameters set by leadership and will be responsible for the resolution of hardware for conference rooms and meetings spaces globally.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Tandberg, Cisco TMS and VCS, SX series codecs and Telepresence, VOIP, SIP, H323, Creston, Polycom Endpoints (HDX/VVX/RMX), AMX and AV cloud collaboration solutions.
- Configure, support, troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with Audio Visual hardware and software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of A/V signal flow.
- Proven attention to details and follow-up.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, documentation is a must.
- Knowledge of how to use electrical and electronic diagnostic tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Cloud Video Interop solutions.
- Experience with room/desk booking solutions (Condeco, iOffice).
- Experience with Digital Signage solutions (BrightSign, Haivision, Mediastar)
- Experience with DS players (Appspace, Scala)
- Experience with (MS Teams, Zoom, Amazon Chime, Bluejeans, Google Meets)
- Computer Skills: MS Office, Outlook, Visio, etc.
- 3+ years of On site or Internal Support experience.
- 2+ years of Team Leader experience.
- 2+ years of UX or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of DSP programming (Biamp, QSC)
- Experience with MS Front Row or Cisco Telepresence
- Ability to read and understand signal and network diagrams.
- Audio Visual system design knowledge base.
- Audio Visual design build process experience.
- Software Development Lifecycle knowledge.
- Internal Operations experience.
- Continental Operations experience.
- Global Operations experience.
- Associates’ degree in computer-related field preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- 3+ years Endpoint Admin Experience (Zoom dashboard, Cisco Control Hub, LogiSync, Microsoft XIO, etc).
- 2+ years live event support experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Audio Systems (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG, Yamaha)
- 2+ years of Video Teleconferencing (VTC) experience.
- Experience supporting live events in studio spaces
- Demonstrates high level of interpersonal soft skills
- Experience in broadcasting, video production, multimedia, or related field a plus.
- Ability to execute within a fast-paced agile process.
- Ability to design audio and/or video installations from start to finish.
- High attention to detail while balancing multiple issues.
- Promotes an organizational climate that energizes, motivates, and facilitates teamwork.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Multitasking Ability.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) Certification.
- Crestron Core Track Certification(s).
- Dante Certification Level 1.
- Digital Media Certificates.