The Commerce Beauty team at Dotdash Meredith is looking for a strong, experienced digital writer to join a fast-paced news desk focused on news & deals content.
The Commerce Beauty team at Dotdash Meredith is looking for a strong, experienced digital writer to join a fast-paced news desk focused on news & deals content. This person will pitch and write shopping stories at the intersection of wellness, beauty, style, celebrity, and fitness, primarily for Shape.com and on a smaller scale for InStyle.com.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated writer who is passionate about shopping and product recommendations, especially in the wellness and beauty space, and can create quality content in the Shape and InStyle brand voices on a timely basis.
You will (day-to-day)…
- Pitch and write at least 2 commerce articles per day for Shape.com and InStyle.com that generate affiliate revenue
- Identify and carry out commerce content opportunities within wellness, beauty, style, celebrity, and fitness categories
- Monitor the internet, including social media and search platforms, for commerce opportunities around trends, celebrity recommendations, viral products, and more
- Use analytics to brainstorm your pitches; pull affiliate earnings and traffic data weekly to understand reader interests and guide strategy
- Collaborate closely with numerous writers and editors on the commerce team and select members of editorial teams; attend weekly editorial and strategy meetings
- Keep content records organized in workflow platforms such as Airtable; build in the CMS
- At discretion of manager, potentially be involved in shaping commerce strategy for Shape.com and scaling reach through promotional outlets (like social media and newsletters)
- A clean writer with at least 2-3 years of experience in the digital editorial space for an online publication (experience writing commerce content highly preferred)
- Familiarity with the Shape brand; interested or knowledgable in wellness and beauty
- Experienced in digital media metrics and tools, such as CMS platforms and Google Analytics
- Knowledgeable in SEO, AP style, and affiliate linking best practices
- A quick learner who is excited about commerce content, eager to take on new challenges, and able to identify untapped opportunities for Shape.com’s growth
- A flexible, organized person who is able to handle multiple tasks at once, and seamlessly pivot and re-prioritize tasks as needs change
- Ideally, you have a bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field
Part of the Commerce team spirit means embodying these core competencies:
- Manage Ambiguity: You can comfortably deal with change and can decide/act without the total picture. You remain calm and productive while dealing constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Nimble Learning: You’re eager to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-Development: You want to seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. You show a personal commitment to continuously improving, accepting stretch opportunities, and making the most of available development resources.
Pay Range Salary: $58,500 - $60,500