NBCUniversal¹s E! Entertainment is seeking a Los Angeles-based Talent Booker.
This role will be responsible for supporting E! News’ relationship with celebrity publicists and managers, brands and publishers across E!’s top-rated network of celebrity content. This position will work closely with celebrity representatives to build strong relationships, book talent and extend the E! brand across multiple platforms, with a focus on news and breaking news.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with talent representatives, magazine and book publishers, podcast networks and brands.
- Pitch and book talent for celebrity appearances and interviews across multiple E! shows and platforms.
- Handle outreach to talent representatives for breaking news and non-breaking news stories.
- Ideate and pitch unique celebrity content opportunities for E! coverage, especially as they relate to news-related stories.
- Coordinate celebrity appearances and act as liaison between talent representation and series’ producers regarding logistics and interview topics.
- Stay abreast of pop culture and upcoming entertainment events and work with team to translate them into booking opportunities.
- 3+ years of experience in the celebrity entertainment industry in TV, print, or online publications.
- An extensive background and strong relationships working directly with celebrity publicists, managers, and agents.
- Strong contacts, including with influencer, sports, podcast representatives and other pop culture personalities.
- Experience booking celebrity appearances and cooperative features.
- Must work flexible hours including early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Experience handling outreach to multiple parties at the pace required for breaking news stories.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Team player who is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A love of celebrity, entertainment and pop culture.
- Strong judgment and a history of being able to mediate the demands of a news organization with celebrity representatives.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and balance priorities as required.
- Strong negotiation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.