MSNBC is looking for an experienced Booking Production Assistant for MSNBC Reports shows. This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Greater New York City Area
Mar 10, 2023
- Work with MSNBC news programs to greet guests for our cable news programs, moving them into our facilities, to our sets and then making sure they have a great on-air experience.
- Work for network booking leaders to develop and deploy booking plans for special events.
- Do real-time booking during breaking news events.
- Backup show bookers and booking associate producers during vacation days and leaves.
- Pitch guest ideas to booking leaders and show producers on the most important news stories of the day.
- Previous internship or exposure to work in a newsroom at any level.
- College degree.
- Demonstrated writing skills and knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
- Strong research skills and news judgment.
- Good phone skills.
- Excels under deadline pressure.
- Loves creative thinking and problem solving.
- A true ‘people person’ who enjoys meeting new people and building relationships that benefit the overall news organization.
- Familiarity with social media tools for research and guest booking.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
Salary range: $20.00-$25.00 / hour.