WFAA, the TEGNA ABC affiliate in Dallas, TX, is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role will be responsible for the technical directing and switching of our live news broadcasts using Sony ELC Production Automation.
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Mar 09, 2022
WFAA produces more than 7 hours of live news content daily. We are seeking an individual who collaborates well with news producers and other staff to produce compelling and dynamic news content on multiple platforms. This position is responsible for coding ELC and direction/operation of studio and control room equipment used to produce news content. The ideal candidate will provide technical direction of live and pre-produced shows and segments as well as direct or assist on occasional remote productions. The director works closely with a dedicated team of production professionals and news producers to create engaging content using forward-thinking production ideas.
- Code and punch live news broadcasts and recorded programs/segments using Sony ELC Automation
- Oversee the overall look of live news broadcasts
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit air
- Work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates for all control room related automation systems
- Efficiency with Sony ELC Automation, Chyron and Vertigo graphic systems, BitCentral video servers, and ENPS
- Knowledge and experience with operation of robotic studio cameras, Sony production switchers, video routers, audio consoles, and automation, intercom, and graphics systems
- Ability to adapt and quickly change coding and production for breaking news and unexpected live special events
- Ability to work with a team to achieve technically clean programs
- High attention to detail and quick problem-solving skills to minimize on-air mistakes
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and communicate effectively under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible scheduling: this position could include early morning, weekends, nights, or holiday scheduling, including covering breaking news and vacations
- At least three years’ experience working as lead newscast director
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.