Please note that this is a replacement for maternity leave. This is a fixed-term contract for one year. Coordinating, building and implementing broadcast graphics on behalf of local teams and following specific design guides.
Live Event / On Location Services
London, United Kingdom
Aug 30, 2023
Please note that this is a replacement for maternity leave. This is a fixed-term contract for one year.
This role will support the Broadcast Graphics requirements for the Nordic channels that playout from the London Technology Hub in Chiswick, London.
These graphics air from multiple platforms including Pixel Power, Vertigo and Miranda and the channels include:
- WBD Northern Europe - one of the largest TV groups in the Nordic region; we support 15 channels featuring locally produced entertainment programmes and sports as well as the best series and movies from around the world.
- Eurosport – Specifically focused on the 9 Nordic channels and 2 UK channels that cover a range of Live and pre-recorded sports and highlights packages.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that both scheduled and Live broadcast graphics material required for all channels originating from WBD is technically supported, meets reliability targets, meets the channel’s objectives for effective brand care and supports the overall network strategy.
This is less design, more technical implementation & operational support with varied responsibilities. It requires a quick and methodical response to issues and clear communication to numerous areas of the business, in London and across the countries served.
- Coordinating, building and implementing broadcast graphics on behalf of local teams and following specific design guides;
- Investigate, log and resolve on-air discrepancies and put safeguards in place to avoid any recurrence;
- Participating in regular production calls to be aware of upcoming key promotables;
- Work with Transmission to test and implement new graphics;
- Problem solving and handling last minute requests and queries;
- Sharing in the upkeep and management of all shared departmental documents/folders;
- Recording and sending of played out material to clients for sign-off.
- Proven track record in a broadcast production environment;
- Experience in the following would be beneficial but not essential: Pixel Power Clarity, Grass Valley Vertigo, Adobe After Effects or any other broadcast graphics system is a plus.
- Understanding of video and image file formats;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to a tight deadline;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Organized, methodical and systematic;
- Team Player.