Madison Square Garden Entertainment: MSG Sphere Studios is looking for a Camera Technician to join a groundbreaking advanced camera and immersive capture department based in Los Angeles.
We are forging a new category of motion picture imaging, advanced entertainment, and experiential storytelling, which is redefining the future of entertainment. As the creative content delivery team for the MSG Sphere, we are creating world-class content at an unprecedented scale for the largest LED screens ever made. This role be a technical support role that will support and manage camera systems and hardware tools for Sphere cinematography. It will also keep our broad palette of custom camera and camera support tools working reliably. Expect to work closely with MSG Capture, Production, and Post Production, Photogrammetry, aerial and engineering teams on projects that extend beyond traditional camera systems.
What will you do?
• Support robust and reliable field deployment of various custom camera and capture systems geared toward high resolution imaging.
• Proactively manage the maintenance, trouble shooting and upgrades of camera systems
• Manage and be responsible for company shuttle drives and OCM data.
• Testing and operating proprietary camera/capture equipment
• Stay on top of the latest developments in camera and production software and technology to keep the department on the cutting edge.
• Guide and support on-site camera crews to assure correct workflow implementation, processes, camera settings, sharp focus, and responsible media management
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years camera field work experience as a camera assistant, focus puller, or rental house technician
• Experience with high resolution imaging, drone photography, virtual reality, immersive capture, volumetric imaging, photogrammetry, camera stabilization, and professional grade gimbals preferred.
• Understanding of film and video production, digital workflows, cinematography, and post-production tools, protocols, and production-ready situational awareness required
• Be up-to-date on the latest developments and innovations in the field of camera, imaging, sensors, optics, and cinematography
• Exceptional mechanical and problem solving skills
• Adaptable / flexible in high-stress environments
• Global and remote production experience is a plus
• Attention to detail and able to work independently
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs