Buzzfeed: The Casting Associate I works directly under with the Casting Producer and other associates and associate producers in casting all videos for Unscripted BFEG and BFMP productions.
Mar 15, 2022
Will take a leadership role over particular projects with all aspects of casting relating to unscripted content with minimal crossover with scripted.
- Takes active leadership role for specific projects (eg. Research-heavy projects, series, etc.)
- Meets with key production staff to troubleshoot casting issues
- Manages status updates for each project to streamline the workflow of the department
- Checks talent availabilities, conflicts, sends out paperwork via DocuSign
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of projects and deadlines
- Creatively source qualified candidates for a variety of projects simultaneously
- Cold calling and pre-interviewing for a variety of projects
- Send out appointments for casting sessions
- Conduct extensive outreach/research to target the best candidates
- Compile large amounts of research and data into shared documents
- Scour talent and independently determine viable candidates
- Oversees collection of all talent documents prior to shoot date
- Work with Associate Producers and Directors on current projects to cast participants
- Maintain strong talent relationships throughout the development process
- Source and assess new talent via live performances, conventions, conferences, associations, organizations, businesses, minority organizations, universities and colleges, independent professionals, web searches, newspapers, books, magazines, talent representatives and all other applicable sources.
- Proficient interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to step into leadership role if/when needed
- Advanced outreach and research skills
- Proficient in Reality Outreach techniques, knowledge of Breakdown Express, Casting Frontier, etc.
- In-depth of knowledge in specific areas of casting
- Working knowledge of Mac, Breakdown Express, Casting Frontier, EcoCast, LA Casting, Casting Crane, Skype, Google Suite, etc.
- Positive attitude, friendly, outgoing
- Must be able to work as a team as well as individually
- Ability to multitask
- Work on tight deadlines
- Must have a sensitivity for minorities (i.e. LGBTQ communities, people with disabilities, etc)
- Tech savvy and knowledge of equipment and programs used for video calls and auditions
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Active knowledge of current events, pop culture, and global event
- Experience: 3-4 years of experience
- Education: BA/BS or equivalent