Aid CG Supervisor and Show Runners to fulfill their creative vision by maintaining and improving the Nickelodeon CG show's lighting, compositing, and rendering (LRC) pipeline.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 18, 2022
- Aid CG Supervisor and Show Runners to fulfill their creative vision by maintaining and improving the Nickelodeon CG show's lighting, compositing, and rendering (LRC) pipeline.
- For each episodic segment, gauge storyboard and animatics from an LRC stand-point during breakdown meetings to ensure timely delivery within the confines of our production model.
- Prior to episode ship dates, note LRC and FX requirements including unique lighting and compositing scenarios, light rigs, time of day, and key light direction for each episode in the appropriate tracking software to ensure that vendor studios have initial guidance for the final look of each scene within each episode.
- Instruct vendor studios by making notes, video notes, paint-overs and whatever else necessary to correct inconsistencies, mistakes and/or misdirection on “final” shots that are received from vendor studios.
- Work closely with the CG supervisor on best practices and methods regarding lighting, compositing, rendering, and FX.
- Review episodic animation during lighting & compositing stage, provide feedback and direction to studios.
- Call out and note all Lighting/Compositing/FX issues in the storyboard (prior to animation beginning).
- Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, Lighting and FX breakdowns, etc.) to understand the episode’s direction and requirements.
- Attend meetings with vendor studios to address LRC technical issues and concerns.
- Reports directly to the CG Supervising Producer and can make recommendations about other aspects of the production but ultimately communicates directly with CG SP only.
- Knowledgeable in Nuke compositing methods involving 3d workspace, re-lighting, tracking, and utilizing AOV/Cryptomatte/Deep passes.
- Well-versed in the following software: Nuke, Maya, Redshift, Photoshop, and ShotGrid.
- Knowledgeable in Redshift including render time optimization and setting up AOV/Cryptomatte/Deep renders.