FuseFX is seeking a talented and experienced CG Generalist, with a background in television and/or feature film VFX, to join our creative team in New York!
The CG Generalist will work collaboratively with the VFX Supervisors, CG Supervisors and VFX Producers on a variety of 3D work on multiple projects.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020.
- Deliver consistent high-quality aesthetic/technical work and communicate effectively with CG Supervisors and artists
- Perform a diverse array of 3D disciplines (i.e. animation, modelling, rigging, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, particle simulation, and tracking) in a fast-paced production environment
- Work effectively with the team to problem solve creative and technical issues on assigned shots
Traits of a successful FuseFX CG Generalist:
- High level technical knowledge of various CG disciplines with 5+ years’ experience in a production environment
- Proficient in Maya and Vray Rendering System
- Successfully execute all necessary assigned tasks with a positive attitude while under tight production schedule deadlines
- Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards
- Strong knowledge of full CG lighting/characters/environments
- Experience in asset generation, modelling and texturing
- Previous experience with dynamic and fluid FX, rigid bodies, and Python scripting a plus
- Knowledge of real-world photography and camera techniques with an understanding of lighting principles and color theory
- Photo-real shader development using the latest HDRI, GI, and normal mapping techniques
- Working knowledge of several of the following tools:
- Maya (proficient)
- 3DS Max
- Substance Painter/Designer
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.