The Mill: The CG Lighter is a talented artist who can perform look development and scene building / shot lighting tasks.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 18, 2022
This artist should be capable of creating and completing high-quality work without close supervision but can also thrive in an open environment where training and helping other artists is encouraged. You must use best practices and techniques for creating clean and efficient shading networks, light rigs, render layers and lighting comps. You will work with other department artists within the CG department to ensure that there is a continuous pipeline/workflow, including cooperating with Lighting artists at The Mill's other offices around the world.
- Create HDRIs, light rigs using grey chrome balls and Macbeth charts
- Lookdev assets, scene building, shot lighting, create/maintain lighting comps
- Lighting and rendering photo-real and stylized CG for advertising and digital projects
- Working closely with other CG/VFX Artists, across multiple locations to deliver the highest quality work
- Taking on more generalist CG work when needed
- Previous experience in Lighting and Rendering CG for advertising, feature film or animation production.
- Experience using Maya / Arnold / Nuke, experience with Houdini and Mantra is a plus.
- Strong understanding of a VFX lighting production pipeline
- Good communication skills to enable you to work well in a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Some more generalist CG/VFX skills would be a real benefit