Ridgeline Games: Reporting to the Lead Character Artist, our Character Artist is a practical artist, inspired not only by the games industry but as a subject matter expert in human anatomy and experience with the human form, costume and understanding of composition and biological construction.
Greater Seattle Area
Jan 20, 2023
- An understanding of modeling, texturing, anatomy, sculpting and topology that we can see exercised in your portfolio – both in shipped game projects and in personal work.
- Knowledge of at least one industry standard modeling package (preferably Autodesk Maya), a sculpting package (Preferably Zbrush) and a PBR compliant texturing package.
- An understanding of working with photogrammetry, body/costume scanning and how to improve base meshes.
- You have experience in high to low polygon baking processes and construction of geometry to support facial and animation rigs.
- The ability to write documentation where required and maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers.
- Have experience with cross discipline collaboration as a core tenant of who you are.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Character Artist.
- Photogrammetry experience.
- A portfolio of realistic humanoid characters and outfits.
- Experience with blend shapes, wrinkle maps and implementation for animation.
- Experience perfecting skin shaders and materials for a PBR realistic finish.
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete an art test