As a Character Texture Artist, you will play a crucial role in the production of high-quality animated content by applying textures and materials to 3D models. Your work will bring depth, realism, and visual appeal to our characters.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Jan 11, 2024
As a Character Texture Artist, you will play a crucial role in the production of high-quality animated content by applying textures and materials to 3D models. Your work will bring depth, realism, and visual appeal to our characters. You will collaborate closely with teams from different departments to ensure our projects meet our artistic vision and quality standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with artistic and technical project leads to ensure requirements are met for the aesthetic and technical aspects of the project.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments handling assets like models, rigs, character FX, and look development to craft and apply stylized textures.
- Create textures for both organic elements to achieve the desired appearance for characters
- Configure intricate surface textures and prepare surface files for the lighting process.
- Adhere to project deadlines, participate in daily meetings, rounds, and team evaluations.
- Communicate and engage with Production, Supervisors, Leads, and colleagues to understand and implement feedback and notes on assigned tasks.
- Contribute to efficient problem-solving efforts and share pertinent information within the Texture Department.
- Operate effectively as part of a team and independently to explore various solutions for creating outstanding textures in the realm of CG
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of relevant experience working on fully animated or hybrid feature films
- A demo reel that illustrates your relevant artistic and technical experience
- Diploma or certificate in Animation, Arts or equivalent
- Knowledge of applicable software packages including Mari, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Katana, and Maya. Mudbox, ZBrush, Substance Designer, Modo experience a plus. Lookdev experience is a plus.
Salary Range $1650 - $2200 CAD Weekly