We have multiple Video Editing internship opportunities available. From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive. Application Deadline: Friday, March 15
Greater Atlanta Area
Feb 02, 2024
Jun 03, 2024
Aug 23, 2024
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15
*Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!*
Overview of the internships
We have multiple Video Editing internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for internship opportunities within this area. These Internships will be located in the Atlanta area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in the office schedule.
Duties could include:
- Collaborate with team members in creative brainstorms and pitch new video concepts
- Assist editors and producers as the campaign is developed and executed
- AVID editing, or equivalent, logging and screening shows for various campaigns
- Responsible for QC (quality control), versioning and delivering final approved promo edits into various specs for different digital platforms
- Assist the team on creating key A/V Assets like Teasers, Trailers, Featurettes and Promos
- Assist in asset management and content selection of new and library titles for incoming projects with video editors and motion graphic designers
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (3.0 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of industry standard video edit tools (ex: After Effects, Avid, Premiere Pro, etc)
- Experience in production, audio mixing, music research, or marketing a bonus
- Highly preferred to have a reel linked on your resume to showcase recent video editing work
What to know before applying:
- The duration of the summer program regardless of which start/end option is 11 weeks.
- Program date options:
- Option 1: June 3rd – August 16th
- Option 2: June 10th – August 23rd
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure