As a Community Intern you will be working as part of a team leveraging exciting new and emerging technology with some of the most recognizable sports brands such as Bleacher Report, and the NBA on TNT.
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 17
By applying to this posting, you will be considered for an internship opportunity within this area. This internship will be located in the Atlanta area. The selected intern will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
As a Community Intern you will be working as part of a team leveraging exciting new and emerging technology with some of the most recognizable sports brands such as Bleacher Report, and the NBA on TNT. Community Interns will report into the Head of Community to learn about, assist in running the day-to-day operations on Discord, and Twitter. This is a unique opportunity to learn first-hand about community, and social media management all the while gaining experience working in world class sports media
Duties could include:
- Learn, and assist in how to build, and manage a large Discord and Twitter community.
- Be responsible for forging relationships with community and help turn their ideas into reality.
- Assist in crafting copy, and inspiring ideas for social, and learn how to schedule a campaign.
- Gain first-hand experience with Community Go-To-Market planning and launching products.
- An avid interest in new and emerging technology such as Web3
- A good knowledge of Discord, Twitter, and similar social platforms
- A passion for sports
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
- Has experience in being part of an online community.
- Some experience with social media scheduling tools.
- Some experience with Discord Server creation, and bot management
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.