KTNV, the Scripps ABC station in Las Vegas, NV is hiring a Community Relationship Manager! The Community Relationship Manager creates, organizes and heads-up efforts to represent the station favorably in the local community. You'll plan programs that promote goodwill and foster relationships with community leaders and organizations.
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Nov 14, 2023
KTNV, the Scripps ABC station in Las Vegas, NV is hiring a Community Relationship Manager! The Community Relationship Manager creates, organizes and heads-up efforts to represent the station favorably in the local community. You'll plan programs that promote goodwill and foster relationships with community leaders and organizations. You'll execute multi-platform strategies for community efforts during the year.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for development and execution of a successful community outreach strategy to help our communities and bring positive awareness to our station.
- Works with internal and external resources to generate news releases and/or response to media inquiries.
- Proactively searches out opportunities for us to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Works with on-air talent to organize their community portfolio, including special appearances, on-air promotion and relationships with community partners.
- Works with Creative Services staff to plan, develop and implement the design, organization and coordination of station events.
- Focuses efforts on partnerships and events that allow the station to promote its brand and strategy in positive ways that leave a lasting impact on the community.
- Identifies significant events that can be created or owned in the market.
- Incorporates social media into community efforts, while also giving concentration to how these efforts can be promoted on digital platforms. Also, has an awareness of how to effectively use tweets, hash tags, Facebook posts and any social media to encourage participation or distribute information.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a community or public relations field.
- Experience in cable television, broadcasting and/or journalism a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Track record of successfully coordinating and executing marketing campaigns around community partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required (including public speaking).
- Proven organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage details of multiple, complex projects within deadlines.
- Strong ability to plan, initiate, market and evaluate partnerships.
- Ability to execute a clear and concise strategic plan.
- Must be a good listener, well organized, detail-oriented, independent, self-motivated, and able to work well under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in directing press agencies and communications strategies, and will have successful working relationships with key media representatives.
Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.