The Compositing Supervisor is responsible for the management and work quality of the Compositing team. You are adept at promoting the overall development of the entire 2D pipeline in order to cultivate and lead a strong team of highly motivated and enthusiastic compositors while identifying areas for each team member to expand within their role.
Working in close collaboration with the VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor, and Producer, you are a highly skilled communicator who has the ability to delegate project needs to your team as well as represent the voice of the compositing crew when it comes to the workload and pipeline environment.
Day-to-Day, You’ll Accomplish:
• Instrumental in driving the overall direction of the 2D department as well as building up a world-class compositing team.
• Leading, motivating, and mentoring our Compositing team to ensure all elements are complete and on time from beginning to end of each project
• Responsible for managing the compositing team, the quality of the compositing work, and an overview and development of the 2D pipeline across projects.
• Leading by example and maintaining a hands-on compositing role, while simultaneously taking on project-specific duties including monitoring shots and overall project progress.
• Completing or assisting with shots for each project
• Define techniques for complex visual effects shots and work with other departments and offices to completion.
• Assisting in recruitment, reviewing reels, and making recommendations
• Liaising directly with VFX Supervisor / Producer and delegating the compositing needs of the project(s) to the compositing team
Your Track Record Will Include:
• Understanding of photography, composition, lighting, colour, and motion
• Extremely strong understanding of Nuke compositing software is a must
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, strong communication skills, time management, and organizational skills, and a team player
• Experience and knowledge of stereoscopic tools and methods desired. Aesthetically and creatively solid and capable of producing the highest quality images
• Dependable under pressure with attention to detail
• Must be eligible to work in Canada