We are looking for our next Engineering team member! The ideal candidate will enjoy troubleshooting complex systems, have a great working knowledge of IT and networking systems, and be able to work with solid-state RF equipment.
Our new team member coordinates with other departments regarding the maintenance and operation of equipment while ensuring compliance with all company, FCC, FAA, and FEMA rules, regulations, and guidelines. Opportunities will arise to assist with the long-range plan for equipment and system improvement. The Broadcast Engineer will participate in periodic training and business continuity sessions and lead projects to further the technical proficiency and preparedness of the engineering department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, signal processing and transmission systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair a variety of TV broadcast and production equipment
- Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls
- Interface with third party vendors and support technicians
- Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management
- Cable installation and termination
- All other duties as assigned
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Possess strong engineering, IT/networking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Be able to reimage or build up servers and desktop computers at the OS level.
- Have experience with RF equipment such as broadcast transmitters and microwave equipment.
- Demonstrate excellence in documentation and system drawing.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
- Be project oriented, organized and able to list previously executed projects from concept to completion.
- Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Be willing to expand knowledge of emerging broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation (public transportation is not suitable.) Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s License.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
We are a 24/7 operation, and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidates should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.