We are seeking a Field Technician Supervisor. This could be a good position for a person who has low voltage experience or has worked with systems installations for CCTV cameras and IP cameras.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Nov 01, 2022
This person’s primary responsibility will be involved with supporting events / projects by providing onsite installation, service, and support of broadcast equipment and infrastructure. The supervisor will coordinate with Engineering and onsite crew to keep all projects flowing. This person will work closely with key partners throughout each project including onsite customers, integrators, broadcast clients, and Engineering. In this role you will be involved in some of the largest media projects in the world.
This position requires frequent travel at a minimum of 50%. Schedule can vary to include overtime as projects require. While remote in nature, this position is based out of the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
Key duties include:
- Documentation of all daily field activities
- Coordination with Engineering to ensure all gear is functional
- Working with Field Technicians for onsite installation / equipment set up
- Terminate, test, and label CAT 5 and CAT 6
- Perform advanced testing and troubleshooting for both copper and optical fiber installations
- Evaluate numerous specific applications of low voltage cable installation
- Recommend best practices based on applicable codes and standards
- Implement job planning and scope of work while supervising all crew and staff
- License/Certifications: OSHA10 a plus
- 3 - 5 years working as a Field Technician Supervisor for with a crew of 6 or more in a similar role
- Knowledge of BNC, RJ45 and fiber optic cabling
- Knowledge of Video of IP as well as baseband video technology
- Broadcast signal flow & IT preferred
- Strong verbal & written skills (Excel)
- Prefer Associates Degree or degree in Electronics
- Background in construction experience a plus