The purpose of this position is to coordinate all scheduling for staff and freelance labor and manage weekly payroll.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 17, 2023
The purpose of this position is to coordinate all scheduling for staff and freelance labor and manage weekly payroll. This position will report directly to the General Manager. This position is onsite at our Panorama City location. This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday with some overtime as needed. This is an hourly position with the salary range of $24 - $30 per hour DOE. We are not seeking a person with a financial background only. This is a position that is a Labor Coordinator and MUST have Media and Event Industry experience. Experience in Video production is a plus but not required. Required is Media and Event Industry.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Interfacing with sales staff to determine most appropriate scheduling across conflicting show needs.
- Contacting freelancers/independent contractors to schedule labor using the departmental scheduling system.
- Maintaining extensive and detailed crewing calendar “live” with up-to-the-minute changes
- Managing staff schedules & recording to department calendar
- Interfacing with Shop department heads to assist with operational staffing, and staff training rotations.
- Distribution of departmental crewing calendar in a consistent and timely manner
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with freelance and vendor contacts
- Obtaining credentials, drive-on/parking, dress code info and any show related specifics from and distributing accordingly
- Generating detailed show sheets/call sheets/contact lists for each project under direction of project/sales management
- Be available after hours/weekends to coordinate changes and emergencies regarding crew and drivers.
- Act as payroll coordinator by establishing new hires’ rates & pay class, obtaining hiring documentation and verifying pay class and COVID compliance documents issued to all returning IC/TSE workers.
- Issue activations grids as needed for TSE workers.
- Maintain departmental contact databases and calendars.
- Review incoming TSE timesheets and IC invoices, recording overtime where applicable for billing.
- Close interaction with and consistent debriefing of logistical updates to department heads
- Attendance at all departmental meetings for updates and communication
- Works alongside Project Management and Production staff to ensure best practices are met for every show.
- Associates degree or higher - a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience covering extremely deadline driven office setting: production/ film/tv exposure a must.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and organize multiple changing priorities at a fast pace.
- Availability for night/weekend contact over peak times
- Demonstrated skills in communication and an ability to interact with a wide range of individuals and strong personalities.
- In-depth knowledge and operation of computers (mac and PC) and software packages.
- Knowledge or familiarity with broadcast/live events gear, personnel, and culture a plus
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with an established list of industry contacts / their own database of skilled workers in Video/Audio/Events.