As an Unreal Technical Director (TD), you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows for Real Time Engines used on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation shows in both our offline render and real time render pipelines.
Montreal, Canada, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Apr 28, 2023
As an Unreal Technical Director (TD), you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows for Real Time Engines used on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation shows in both our offline render and real time render pipelines. You will be providing face-to-face technical support and assistance to artists, as well as developing new tools and scripts - predominantly in C++, Blueprints and Python - to meet the specific show requirements.
Our talented Unreal TDs are technical and demonstrate an aptitude for creative problem solving. You will be regularly required to:
- Provide technical advice and support for artists
- Collaborate with R&D developers and senior production supervisors to develop specific new Real Time Engine C++, Blueprints or Python tools and workflows
- Contribute to the development and constant improvement of our pipeline
- Ensure requests for new tools are connected with company strategy
- As well as being able to demonstrate technical skill and initiative, you will need to be an excellent communicator - your ability to accurately and succinctly communicate between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
Above all, you will be at the centre of some of the most exciting Virtual Production, VFX and Animation work on projects ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas, working with some of the most talented individuals in the industry. You will be in a fantastic position to develop your skills as a tool developer in a creative, collaborative, show-facing environment.
- Excellent C++, Python, and technical Windows and Linux skills
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine, Blueprint and working in distributed Unreal based systems.
- Familiarity with content production workflows for integration in Unreal projects
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or other related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with source control systems and team development
Nice to have:
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Houdini, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Previous experience in Games, Themed Entertainment or Visual Effects or a related industry
- Solid understanding of the Visual Effects pipeline