The VP, Unscripted Production will oversee the physical production of our original unscripted series from inception to completion and delivery and is the network’s point person for all unscripted physical production and post-production related matters.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 24, 2023
- Work closely with Head of Unscripted Programming and the Head of Production, the Originals team and production partners to ensure the best possible production process, ensuring it meets the expected vision, standards, budget, expectations, and deadlines
- Vet and monitor production budgets and schedules
- Work closely with the Network Production Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, and Clearance teams
- Review and implement production plans
- Monitor Marketing and Public Relations needs as related to the impact on production and post-production
- Coordinate with post-production to ensure delivery of final product is on schedule and to troubleshoot where needed
- Ensure communication and distribution of production-related information and documents to Head of Unscripted Programming, Head of Production and Originals team
- Supervise editorial production process over outside production companies on multiple series/specials simultaneously and coordinate with internal departments to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of programs and program related materials to ensure it meets post production requirements
- Collaborate with Executive Producers and key production personnel, on specified projects, to help ensure that creative and network imperatives are being met
- Proactively access potential problems with insurance, clearance, E&O, guild issues, etc., and escalate to Head of Production and Head of Business Affairs
- Analyze and provide input on budgets, proposals, outside production staffing, equipment, and facilities.
- Review and provide creative input on creative documents, cuts, and other development and production material as needed for the SVP, Unscripted Programming.
- Evaluate proposals and producer’s work background in preparation for (and throughout) production
- Inform and involve key departments on projects throughout all stages of the pipeline to maximize collaboration and input
- Develop and maintain relationships with the production community and independent producers
- Participate in the analysis and development of new ideas and pitches
Qualifications & Skills
- 10-12+ years of experience working in a combination of Studio/Network production and experience as a producer overseeing physical production of unscripted or documentary television series
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality TV programs
- Experience with/strong knowledge of Production Accounting required
- Strong understanding of Post-Production and deliverables process
- Knowledge of cameras and digital work flow
- Must have strong understanding of union and guild agreements
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with showrunners, talent, network executives, etc.
- Ability to work in a demanding, high pressure and time sensitive environment
- Ability to draw on existing relationships within the industry
- Ability to manage outside producers, build credibility and strong working relationships with other internal executives and generate commitment to goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Familiarity with production insurance policies
- Strong capability to multi-task and prioritize multiple demands
- Proficient with Movie Magic Budgeting and Excel software
- Must be able to travel
$170,835 - $278,670