Work closely with EPs, Show Producers, Anchors, Reporters and Assignment Editors to write content with strategy, including headlines, teasers, news briefs, anchor intros and lead-ins
Jul 13, 2023
- Work closely with EPs, Show Producers, Anchors, Reporters and Assignment Editors to write content with strategy, including headlines, teasers, news briefs, anchor intros and lead-ins
- Ability to write, desktop edit and gather content for all WNJU’s platforms; including newscast and digital
- Produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising credibility.
- Understand graphic programs to visually enhance and showcase stories with production.
- Use social media tools to stay on top of news events and compelling video/pictures.
- Collaborate with members of the WNJU team across all platforms to ensure the most complete local news coverage is both fair and accurate.
- Ability to execute in a daily breaking news environment
- Produces under tight deadlines and attend editorial meetings
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
- Must have an excellent command of the English & Spanish language: spelling, and grammar
- Distinguishes what events are considered news in the market
- Contributes story ideas, participates in daily coverage decisions
- Understands and follows all Telemundo News standards and ethics
- Other duties as assigned by News Director & Executive Producer
Salary Range - 60k-80k
Candidates must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience writing, producing and desktop editing systems.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read, and understand English
- Knowledge of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience.
- Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately.
- Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse
- Ability to field produce, conduct interview and shoot stories
- Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
- A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies
- Must be willing to work in Fort Lee, NJ
- Must be able to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays or whenever assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.