This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling and a desire to be at the forefront of streaming news. Senior level producing talent to drive and expand our storytelling across the shows and coverage expanse of ABC News Live programming.
This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling and a desire to be at the forefront of streaming news. Senior level producing talent to drive and expand our storytelling across the shows and coverage expanse of ABC News Live programming. Help guide daily reporting and special coverage delivering breaking news, relevant interviews and incisive investigative reports.
Skilled in handling talent, production staff, and freelancers – in multiple cities. Work closely with managers at all levels, across all shows and specials, across all platforms including special events. Adept at handling resources to improve financial benefits. Ability to coordinate assignments, scheduling, and editorial, plus remotes and crews.
This person will work with and report directly into the Executive Producer.
What You Will Do
- Partners closely with production staff to ensure clean execution on-air
- Willingness to throw out the rundown for breaking news
- Able to work with on-air talent
- Have a strong grounding and appreciation for the 24/7 rhythm of news
- Lead all aspects of editorial staff for extended hours of on-air coverage
- Proactively identify and address problems quickly, then independently build informed solutions
- Form and maintain positive relationships and partnerships with people at various levels, both within ABC News and outside the company, when it comes to a variety of subject areas of business and production.
- Responsibilities include encouraging ideas for daily stories, as well as general news content. Being able to manage the editorial process and generate new insights for future content are also key requirements.
- Candidates must be able to effectively manage story assignments and show production in addition to supervising junior staff.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Segment Producing experience.
- Extensive experience producing segments and packages
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A willingness to work extended shifts and thrive under daily deadline pressures
- A minimum of 10 years of journalism experience in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news
- Knowledge of iNews (or other similar producing software).
- The energy to balance both show production and staff management
- Strong editorial judgment
- Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in
- Experience performing well under pressure - - think breaking news-type situations.
- A natural leader - you can encourage teams to bring their "A" game;
- Motivated: You're the person who can tackle any task - and wants to
- Control room experience is preferred
- The ideal candidate will offer creative and innovative ideas for better story-telling as well as have the ability to work under deadline
- Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $138,000- $189,700. per year.