The Coordinating Producer – Studio will report to the Vice President, Content Production & Strategy. You will act as a “player/coach,” personally producing high-value Studio shows while overseeing and guiding a mostly freelance production team in executing all Studio programs.
San Francisco Bay Area
Studio responsibilities include live coverage around Pac-12 Networks Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball telecasts, comprehensive coverage of the Pac-12 Women’s and Men’s Basketball Tournaments, selected coverage of high-profile events (Football Championship Game, Rose Bowl/CFP, NCAA Final Four, etc.) and additional special event coverage (Football schedule release, Media Days, Signing Days and other major announcements.) Content may be for linear TV, the Pac-12 Now app, Pac-12 Insider FAST channels, social media, and/or any other distribution platform as determined.
- Work with Network and Conference leaders and member university personnel to be aware of important member initiatives and sensitivities, and to help develop an editorial point of view as it relates to the brand strategy of the Pac-12 Networks;
- In keeping with the above, work in conjunction with Content leadership to drive the creative process from program concept through ideation to finished product;
- Design and manage an efficient, high-quality production workflow responsive to programming priorities and budget requirements, in close collaboration with key stakeholders including but not limited to Programming, Post Production, Live Events, Studio Operations, Engineering, Assignment Desk and Social/Digital;
- Recruit, develop and mentor key contributors including producers, associate producers, production assistants and technicians, and work with Assignment Desk and Studio Operations to encourage cross-training across a range of disciplines;
- Schedule and lead regular meetings to plan upcoming programs and review completed work with production team members to ensure continued innovation, improvement and growth;
- Work effectively with Post Production to facilitate an effective two-way exchange of feature and related material for Studio and multi-platform use;
- Contribute strategic insights and production skills as applicable to the success of other departments’ productions such as game telecasts, feature-based shows, Pac-12 Insider segments and social posts;
- Internally communicate Studio programming plans, processes, schedules, and other notable information across Networks and Conference organizations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior work experience in sports TV production;
- Deep experience in producing live shows;
- Passion for and knowledge of Pac-12 and collegiate sports;
- 5+ years working in a digital server-based production environment preferred;
- Experience working with control room automation systems preferred;
- Additional production skills a plus;
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time and resource constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supportive of the values held by our unique employees, student-athletes, university faculty, clients, sponsors, and fans;
- Some travel may be required.
Day, Evening, Overnight