Netflix Studios is seeking a Physical Assets Coordinator to support Netflix Original Series, UCAN region. This position is based at the Netflix Offices in Los Angeles, CA and will support the Physical Assets & Archives team.
The Physical Assets & Archives team manages the tracking of physical objects through their production life-cycle; from time of purchase or manufacture at a project level to its final use phase. Physical assets are used for a variety of Studio needs including Marketing and PR needs, reuse within the Netflix ecosystem and archival preservation.
The role will work closely with both freelance crews and Netflix cross-functional teams to track and manage physical assets for Production, Marketing, Publicity, Archival and other Studio needs and will travel between LA office, productions and storage facilities as required.
A successful candidate will be a passionate, self-motivated, quick-thinker who is able to juggle, pivot and prioritize multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive, positive thinker, and has the ability to communicate and organize complex information from multiple sources.
- Support Physical Asset Specialist during prep, production, wrap, post, launch and final strike phases of shows
- Align with internal cross-functional departments as workflows flex and evolve
- Coordinate and carry-out crew onboardings to Asset and Continuity Tracking documents and software, schedule meetings and trainings, help with day-to-day support as needed
- Provide day-to-day support and communications with Physical Asset representative on the production crew
- Audit Asset and Continuity Tracking documents and software as needed to ensure data integrity and receipt of deliverables for ingestion into the global asset database.
- Support production strikes, disposals and liquidations as needed
- Assist with warehouse access and coordination of shipments
- Coordinate with vendors and crew for reuse, liquidations and disposal of assets
- Coordinate with Logistics and Transportation teams as needed
- Update department documents and software applications as needed
- Travel between LA office, productions and storage facilities as required
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 + years previous studio experience, hands-on office or set experience in feature film or television production preferred
- Proficiency with data management software and tools (familiarity with Airtable, Slack, FileMaker Pro, Sync On Set and Asset Hub beneficial but not required)
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Calendar and Mail) and Microsoft Office, and ability to learn new software and technologies
- Team player who operates in a fast-paced team oriented setting
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and contribute to new workflows
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability and willingness to lift 30 lbs.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $58,000 - $230,000.