We are looking for our next Costume Shop Supervisor to join our Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (CDSEG) Las Vegas Costume Shop team.
We are looking for our next Costume Shop Supervisor to join our Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (CDSEG) Las Vegas Costume Shop team. The main objective of this role is to manage the departments of the Las Vegas atelier; costumes, wigs and makeup, crafts, and puppetry in collaboration with the Costume Manager and department leads. You will be crucial in the implementation of policies and standards, workflow, budgeting, scheduling, and human resources related projects.
The Costume Shop Supervisor will have the opportunity to:
- Supervise daily workroom workflow activities with Leads;
- Develop and create project production schedule;
- Plan and coordinate shop operations; builds, alterations, fittings, and documentation;
- Capacity management with Business Partner and Leads;
- Maintain labor and financial budgets with stakeholders;
- Liaison to Show Supervisors, weekly update on shop progress for deliverables;
- Manage Costume Runner scheduling;
- Oversee quality control process;
- Support Costume Shop administrative needs; labor and financial budgeting, inventory, maintenance, payroll, timekeeping, and department human resource functions;
- Complete other job-related duties as assigned.
What does it take for this role? The following hard skills are the basics of what’s needed to be successful in this position:
- Degree in costume production and manufacturing, garment manufacturing, fashion design or related field;
- At least five years in a management or leadership role;
- At least five years in costume, puppet, or theatrical production;
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of programs such as Excel and Word;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job including, but not limited to: crouching, kneeling, standing, lifting, sometimes for extended amounts of time; lifting at least 50lbs unassisted, etc.; Full list of essential functions will be sent in the offer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; French is an asset;
- Verification of the right to work in the United States for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization.