The Craft Editor works with all units within CourtTV to create content for broadcast and digital deliveries.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 13, 2023
The Craft Editor works with all units within CourtTV to create content for broadcast and digital deliveries. This includes Show and Field Producers, Associate Producers, Assignment Desk, and more. Have an unrivaled passion for true crime stories and a strong interest in trial coverage.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create a range of content, each with its own style, pace and branding across linear and digital platforms, including news packages, show opens and long-form.
- Add value to projects with motion graphics, color grading, sound design and your “bag of tricks” you’ve acquired in your career.
- Edit video elements, sound bites, packages, graphics and other network needs while maintaining the network brand, many times under tight deadlines.
- Proactively participate in creative brainstorming sessions to generate highly creative, unexpected and breakout ideas.
- Work with Associate Producers to increase their technical skills in the Adobe Suite and creative skills in storytelling.
- At times, correct on-air issues for replays and ingest materials to the server and add metadata
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Expert in Premiere Pro or equivalent editing applications. Proficient in Adobe After Effects and Photoshop skills.
- Proven time-management skills.
- Must be team oriented, able to successfully collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.
- Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and iNews.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3-5 years of experience in TV/news/digital production.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field of study is preferred.