Walt Disney Animation Studios is looking for an inspired Crowd Artist, with strong artistic abilities layered on top of solid technical foundations, to work on populating our features with world-class crowds.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Apr 17, 2023
Walt Disney Animation Studios is looking for an inspired Crowd Artist, with strong artistic abilities layered on top of solid technical foundations, to work on populating our features with world-class crowds. They will be an essential part of the film-making process, utilizing a variety of assets and manipulating movement to match the project’s style, and the Director's creative vision.
Hybrid and Remote opportunities for our Vancouver Studio are specific to remote work within the province of British Columbia.
- Develop and maintain crowds technology and tools
- Design and implement crowd character behaviors and set ups
- Support the story by populating scenes with crowd character assets and animation
- Strong problem solving skills, identifying opportunities to improve tool and pipeline efficiency
- Team player, willing to collaborate with peers to address creative notes and resolve technical issues
- Able to accurately communicate task estimates and consistently meet deadlines
- Proactive and forthcoming with solutions and ideas, exhibiting openness to knowledge sharing
Resume/Demonstrated Skills Should Include:
- Strong interest in Particle Systems, AI/Machine learning, or crowds system (agent/brain design, simulation, and behavior)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with commercial graphics packages such as Maya and Houdini
- Experience with the Linux or Unix operating system
- Experience with Object Oriented programming such as C++ a plus
- Experience with USD a plus
- Knowledge of film language and demonstrates strong compositional skills
- A refined eye for detail, natural movement and timing
- Solid understanding of the production processes and pipelines of CG Animation, VFX, or Video Game productions
- Understanding of rigging and animation techniques
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction well
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Engineering, and related fields, or equivalent experience
Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.