WFAA is driven by producing bold, dynamic, and original design. We’re searching for an experienced design director who is creative, collaborative, and able to bring their skills to concept and execute creative campaigns that blend storytelling and visual innovation.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Dec 06, 2022
We are looking for a candidate who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic work that connects with our audience. The candidate should be strong in both print and motion design.
WFAA is an innovative media company serving the Dallas/Fort Worth television market. WFAA tells empowering stories,, conducts impactful investigations, and delivers innovative marketing solutions. This role works within our marketing department and produces award-winning, creative designs for our strong and growing brands.
- Use collaboration and creativity to develop unique, compelling, and positive creative design assets.
- Execute creative work across diverse channels, including deliverables developed for broadcast, digital, social, print, and events. Develop and present creative assets for our clients.
- Work with team members to make sure all projects meet the brand guidelines.
- Update and enforce visual style guides for use by product teams and partners
- Create new and original designs from scratch for brands based on client specification, needs and brand image.
- A strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation, illustration, and animation.
- The ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and visual concepts.
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy.
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences.
- Work with team members to make sure all projects meet brand objectives and budgetary guidelines.
- Keep team members briefed on creative projects; drive collaboration; ensure productivity.
- Communicate effectively and professionally internally and externally; foster a positive team atmosphere.
- Jump in to support the team and be a valuable creative contributor.
- Stay abreast of current broadcast, advertising, digital, print, and visual trends.
- Conceptualize, Develop, Execute, Deploy Marketing assets for WFAA brands and products- 65%
- Collaborates with internal departments to ensure brand alignment - 15%
- Maintains design, motion, and video editing skills with new technology- 10%
- Generate new business and sales solutions for key clients that in line with the WFAA brand- 10%
- BA or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in design field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Stellar knowledge in professional HD/4K videography equipment, including DSLRs & high-end cinema cameras - creative lighting techniques, audio mixing and motion graphic design.
- Skilled editor with Adobe Premier Pro.
- MS Office, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook & iWork: Pages, Numbers, & Keynote.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within extremely tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact productively and positively with fellow employees
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with internal personnel and external partners
- Ability to identify clear priorities and meet departmental, company and corporate goals
- Work continually toward self-development.
- Ability to pitch and present concepts and campaigns to key clients
- Ability to write, shoot, edit and produce quality video content a plus
- Recommend equipment and hardware purchases for Marketing Department
- Performs other duties as directed by Marketing Director
- Attends offsite company functions when appropriate/necessary
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.