The Walt Disney Company is seeking a Design Manager on an initial 6 month fixed term contract to lead the Creative arm of our Creative & Production team in our Melbourne office!
The Walt Disney Company is seeking a Design Manager on an initial 6 month fixed term contract to lead the Creative arm of our Creative & Production team in our Melbourne office! You will be responsible for managing a small design team and the creative output of the unit, with a remit that spans all brands and franchises including Disney+, Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Fox, Star and National Geographic. Your previous experience leading creative functions enables you to lead the charge creatively across multiple disciplines; art, digital, graphic, branded experience, communication design and branding. You are the voice championing the importance of brand integrity and the immense value that creativity and innovation provide to the business.
The Design Manager partners and supports teams across multiple business areas, providing creative managerial guidance as outlined below. You will need to lead projects from initial brief through to creative executions via management of the design team in collaboration with internal and external talent, against the key business objectives and will:
- Take the lead and manage the design team to deliver against Disney+ AUNZ creative needs, whilst partnering with production.
- Project and traffic management and coordination from brief to creative output utilising Monday.com platform. Ensuring brief/reverse brief including all deliverables, specs, guidelines/art and deadlines are supplied for the project.
- Work collaboratively across the business and with lead Marketing stakeholders, the Design Manager must understand the consumer’s relationship to TWDC brands and franchises in order to improve the customer experience, engagement and reputation for the Walt Disney Company
- Partner with the key business areas and individuals to influence best-practice briefing that delivers the best creative and/or technical solution
The position requires substantial experience working in a creative agency, or large brand in a creative capacity, ideally completing major projects in the entertainment or media space. In-depth understanding of design, branding, marketing, consumer journey is required.
You will also bring with you:
- A relentless drive and passion for innovation and new ideas, and true understanding of what the Walt Disney Company brands and franchises represents
- The ability to engage and tell a story through creative
- Experience with designs for entertainment or media brands, ideally with retail components
- Advanced technical ability in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert in design management, with proven ability to recommend and implement best practice solutions to a small team
- A drive to work in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritise and allocate work in order to meet delivery deadlines
- Overseeing the output of external vendor designers as required