11Alive News / WXIA, Atlanta’s NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced news environment and has an audience-first approach to writing, producing and distributing content on 11Alive platforms.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jul 28, 2023
11Alive News / WXIA, Atlanta’s NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced news environment and has an audience-first approach to writing, producing and distributing content on 11Alive platforms. This journalism-oriented role will work to write engaging content by utilizing SEO best practices, monitoring digital trends and performing audience listening to drive decisions on all of 11Alive’s digital platforms.
Successful Digital Content Producers at 11Alive are leaders in the newsroom responsible for the audience experience on all our digital, social and streaming platforms. They should take initiative in creating content around key digital drivers – like breaking news, weather, sports, politics and user-generated content – that engage the audience.
Qualified candidates should be strong journalists above all, with the ability to write quickly, accurately and succinctly. They should also have solid news judgment and experience producing and copy-editing content for digital platforms. A working knowledge of online CMS, video and photo-editing software is preferred. This digital producer will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various digital platforms.
- Write and distribute original and breaking news content
- Edit reporter stories for grammar, content and structure using AP style
- Use creative production techniques like graphics and media (viewer pictures, UGC, etc.) to enhance stories
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Research for facts and credibility
- Use consumer analytics, like Google Data Studio, Google Trends, CrowdTangle, and Taboola Newsroom, to help determine content creation
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or digital executive producers
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Has strong news and editorial judgment and understands the tenets of professional journalism
- Strong knowledge of AP style and copy editing
- Experience in online CMS, photo and video-editing systems preferred
- Be well-versed in SEO best-practices
- Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
- Strong social media skills on platforms, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop and Edius is a plus
- An understanding of reading and interpreting digital metrics is a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to handle live, breaking news situations and rapidly changing events in a calm manner
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.