WBIR, TEGNA’s NBC station in Knoxville, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms.
WBIR, TEGNA’s NBC station in Knoxville, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WBIR’s editorial content, emphasis on video, across all WBIR digital, mobile, app, streaming and social media platforms.
WBIR’s Digital Content Producers are leaders in the newsroom who are responsible for quality content and audience experience on all WBIR digital, social and streaming platforms. They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. They work as part of the larger content team to break news and tell great stories on all platforms in a 24/7 environment
• Produce audience first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
• Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
• Produce, shoot, edit videos and shorts for platforms such as YouTube, Instagram and TikTok.
• Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via Taboola, Google Trends and our social platforms. Report findings to newsroom.
• Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills)
• Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
• Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
• Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
• Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content.
• Implement best practices on WBIR digital and social platforms.
• Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the WBIR 10News brand across platforms.
• Excellent AP Style writing, editing, proofreading and copy-editing skills.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field or equivalent professional experience.
• Social media native with experience and passion for posting.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic video and graphic production skills and knowledge.
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines.
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Sound news judgment and ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team.
• Interest in digital metrics and preferably experience in Google Analytics