Public Broadcasting Atlanta is looking for a qualified candidate to create compelling news and feature content for its digital platforms and other news products. The Digital Editor will work with reporters and producers to create digital content complementary to radio news stories.
Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and AtlantaPlanIt. For more information on the broadcast/digital services, programming and other opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Digital Editor
Public Broadcasting Atlanta is looking for a qualified candidate to create compelling news and feature
content for its digital platforms and other news products. The Digital Editor will work with reporters and
producers to create digital content complementary to radio news stories.
The Digital Editor will work closely with the senior editor for digital and the managing editor of WABE
News on daily assignments as well as long-range planning for PBA’s websites, social media, and other
platforms that include audio, video, and images
• Manage the WABE website, editing and curating stories using digital tools for data, audio and visual
effects and using analytics and latest best practices to make stories attractive to digital users.
• Collaborate with television, radio and digital staffs to adapt stories for web using best practices;
training and assisting staff as needed.
• Create and contribute content to increase and enhance PBA’s social media presence on current and
emerging platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.
• Document and verify the continued growth of PBA digital audience by tracking metrics using Google
Analytics and other tools. Must understand the fundamentals of web analytics, types of traffic etc. and
be able to act based on the analysis.
• Create multimedia presentations using photos, video, graphics, data visualization tools etc.
• Write and produce daily news stories for use on WABE/PBA digital platforms
• Propose, conceive, and execute digital feature stories
• Work with news staff to adapt and create original content for the website.
• Explore new technologies and improve use of current technologies.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications, preferably with an emphasis on broadcasting or
equivalent work experience.
• At least three years of experience working in digital or broadcast journalism
• Impeccable news judgement and ethics
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
• Ability to work collaboratively with a creative team to solve problems and achieve common goals.
• Experience with video and audio production tools, photography, social media. Web development
experience is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Digital Content Management Systems (Word Press or similar
software) and other web and Microsoft fundamentals.
• The position requires working non-standard hours and is likely assigned to the evening news shift
• Ability and willingness to work varied shifts as needed, including weekends
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attn: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org